Only a brief update this month as time has run away from us. There will be a
fuller email update in January.
Band 1 review
387 staff so far accepted. Offers have not yet gone out to all staff, but this will be sorted in the New Year.
Paid As If At Work
The audit has been completed. There will be a fuller report on this next month.
Care at Home
A group of Branch officers and staff are meeting on 19 January to agree the Branch strategy and communication plan. There will be full feedback to members following this meeting. Significant changes are in the offing for services in both South & Mid and North & West.
Charitable Donations this month
The Branch approved the following donations last month:
· John Gallacher, Scottish Organiser ¿I am doing a sponsored walk in the Pyrenees next May 2017 to raise money for UNISON's Charity 'There For You'. The trip is fully funded by me, but I do pledge to raise £1600 for the Charity to be included in the group completing the Event. 'There For You' has just put out its Winter Fuel Grant campaign and money raised in my venture will, amongst other things, help with this exercise.¿ £100 donation agreed.
· A Statue for Sylvia Pankhurst - the Socialist Suffragette - appeal to raise a statue in London. £50 donation agreed.
If you have any proposals about future possible charitable donations, please get in touch.
First Aid Course
1 day Accredited First Aid Course
Date: 20 January 2017 or 26 January 2017
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Cost: fully funded (members don't need to pay anything)
On completion of the course learners will be able to deal effectively with:
· Choking casualties;
· Wounds and bleeding;
· Use of AED (Automated External Defibrillator);
· Resuscitation procedures CPR techniques;
· Unconscious casualties;
· Dealing with shock;
· Miscellaneous illnesses and injuries
In addition learners will be provided with knowledge of the requirements of reporting and recording incidents.
If you wish to book a place, please contact:
MARTA CHABA, UNISON Regional Learning and Development Organiser
UNISON, 53 Shore Street, Inverness, IV1 1NF
email@example.com Mobile: 07950 889765
Winter Fuel Grant Application
With rising fuel costs and another cold winter looming, many members are worried about how they're going to pay this year's winter fuel bills. 'There for You', UNISON's own charity, has set up a limited fund to help UNISON members on low income by way of a one-off payment of £50 per household. To apply download the forms (see link below) or contact your UNISON branch office. Completed applications need to be sent to There for You, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY, to be received by Friday 17 February at the latest.
Last but not least....
All the very best compliments of the season to you and yours, and here's to a happy and peaceful 2017! Hope you have enjoyed the various Branch communications, and found them useful. Special thanks to the UNISON Resource Centre staff for assisting me/keeping me right in my various doings as Communications Officer, onward and upward for 2017.